Fall Out Boy released a new song and music video for “The Phoenix” off their upcoming album Save Rock and Roll set for an April 16th release. Watch below!
[youtube id=”5hDZbroaQDc” width=”620″ height=”360″]
the song is a prequel to their music video for “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark” which you can watch below
[youtube id=”LkIWmsP3c_s” width=”620″ height=”360″]
This weekend was a pretty eventful one for the band you can get a recap of whats new below
Your Fall Out Boy news roundup:
1) Fall Out Boy released a teaser video entitled “It’s Courtney, bitch.” as a teaser of their upcoming track “Rat a Tat” featuring Courtney Love
[youtube id=”Ty9CWp9l1p0″ width=”620″ height=”360″]
2) a few days ago, Fall Out Boy released the album artwork featuring a Burmese (or possibly Thai) punk and his monk brother (see below). Today Pete Wentz released a blog statement explaining his personal connection to the subject of the photo and his reason for choosing that as the album cover.
“the album cover: I’ve always felt a particular draw to this part of the world. during WW2 my grandpa was shot down over burma and lived in a prison camp there. my grandma joined the OSS (the precursor to the modern CIA) and set out to thailand to search for him. since he returned to his family and i have been constantly interested in the area. i had a friend enter and document huge butterflies along the river and the discontent of the people and monks at their treatment by the junta. we held our breaths and watched as thousands of red cloths resisted.i love this photograph.it is so simple but says so much.it screams to me of a brothers separated by worlds- but connected forever as brothers.
i sometimes thing there isn’t a stronger yet more complicated bond than brothers. i love this photo. it is peace in a violent world. it is change in the face of an everlasting constant. but at the end of the day it is art. it is supposed to challenge you. we do not simply make things that we think are molded to be consumed by our fans- that is not what dictates what we create. it is our art- i hope that you wait until you here the accompanying album to judge how you feel about it- but at the end of the day its art and you aren’t supposed to just like it. we aren’t a reality television show, were a band.” – via petewentz.com
the blog also addressed fans being pitted up against each other and his reasons for not sticking around after shows you can read the whole post HERE
3) Over the weekend, Under The Gun Review discovered the track listing of their upcoming album entitled “Save Rock And Roll” featuring songs with Elton John, Courtney Love, and Big Sean.
- The Phoenix
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)
- Alone Together
- Where Did the Party Go
- Just One Yesterday
- The Mighty Fall (Feat. Big Sean)
- Miss Missing You
- Death Valley
- Young Volcanoes
- Rat a Tat (Feat. Courtney Love)
- Save Rock and Roll (Feat. Elton John)
4) The band posted an update on their preorders you can read the statement below
“Wanted to give an update on preorders. Moving up the street date up almost a month was something we were very excited to do but it’s been tricky to get all our physical goods made in time for the new street date. We’re still going to get the music to you early – on 4/16 at Midnight EST everyone who preordered will get a link to download the album. For anyone who ordered the album on vinyl, we’re going to get you those packages as close to April 16 as possible. The label / pressing plant are rushing to do it as quickly as possible. You’ll have everything by the original street date of May 7th the latest though.
Fall Out Boy
Ps – we added a little something special into every order as way to say thanks for your support.”
5) Check out our interview with Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy at A Place Called Home red carpet event talking Fall Out Boy reunion, their upcoming album Save Rock and Roll, and more
[youtube id=”IvplxM_32MI” width=”620″ height=”360″]